Lodging the Bond in Tasmania

The maximum amount of bond that can be charged is the equivalent of four weeks rent.

Bond Lodgement

Tenants do not pay the bond directly to Cubbi or the landlord on Tasmania.

  1. The owner receives pre-filled Bond Lodgement from Cubbi when a new tenant is approved to move in.
  2. The owner must sign and pass the form directly to the tenant.
  3. The tenant must lodge the form and their bond money with the RDA (Rental Deposit Authority in Tasmania). The form must be signed by everyone who contributed to the bond (including Colony 47, Anglicare and joint tenants, if applicable). More info
  4. The tenant must provide the owner with a receipt from the RDA confirming lodgement before receiving the keys on move-in day.