10+ Days Behind in Rent
If a tenant falls a full 10 days behind in rent Cubbi will begin warnings and preparation for termination. Processes are a little different per state due to different legislation.
You can see how many days the rent is behind in the rent tab on your dashboard:
72 days behind should never happen! This screenshot is taken from a test account :)
So what happens at 10 days?
When the tenant is a full ten days behind in rent Cubbi will email and sms the owner and tenant of the following:
- The tenants responsibility to pay the rent and what could happen if they don't pay.
- Our recommendation when the tenancy can and should be ended by the owner.
- Cubbi will suggest a payment plan however it is 100% up to the landlords discretion as to whether they are willing to offer a payment plan.
Following the automatic email:
- We call the tenant to ensure they got the sms and email and explain their options.
- We then email the owner and tenant the result of the phone call (or attempt).
- We then call the owner to explain their options in more detail and what the termination process looks like.
Cubbi will create the termination notice on request from the owner.
11+ days behind
Every day onwards the tenant will receive an email and sms until they are no longer 10+ days behind in rent.
We will continue to be in contact with the owner with advice for terminating the tenancy and recovering the loss of rent.