Tenant application and approval process
When should tenants apply
A tenant can apply for the property anytime (before or after they have viewed the property) however Cubbi recommends owners do not accept a tenant unless they have viewed the property (or had a close family member of friend inspect the property on their behalf). The last thing anyone wants is to move into a property then find it's not suitable after 2 months.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply’ button directly from the property listing on Cubbi. 4 easy ways to get there.
If a tenant does not apply for the property on Cubbi the owner can invite the tenant as an Existing Tenant, however, this will skip the onboarding flow of a new tenant in Cubbi (bond, condition report etc) impacting the experience for everyone. Contact us for help.
Completing the application
When applying for the property the tenant must:
- Create an account with Cubbi
- Complete one application form per person who intends to go onto the lease agreement. (we recommend all adults go onto the lease)
- Complete the application in one sitting (cannot be saved until completed).
- Answer all questions honestly, supply ID, proof of income, agree to a tenant check and privacy statement to allow further screening by owner.
When an application is complete
The owner will receive a notification to view the application in Cubbi. More info
Checking an application
An owner should ensure the tenant can:
- Pay the ongoing rent payments
- Look after the property
Cubbi provides the ability to check a tenant on the National Tenancy Database ($29 per check), screening tips and guidance. Owners may also schedule a call with us to discuss the potential applicant.
Owner is happy to proceed
Click to approve the tenant and follow the prompts to set up the lease in Cubbi. The tenant will not receive the good news until the lease is set up. The tenant will receive the lease to sign, make the first payment and set up rent payments all in one hit.
Learn about the approval process.